Monday, April 30, 2012

One Year


One year ago today, my sweet husband and I tied the knot! We did the damn thing and made our love official. It was hands down the best day ever. I wish I could relive that day over and over and over. And over. And the honeymoon too please! We haven't been on a vacation since and I think we are both in need of one.

Our first year of marriage has been a wild one! Nothing either of us could have predicted that's for sure. We were young, crazy, and a little naive (still are all of those things), starting out on a new little life together. We had no idea what we were in for. After coming home from the best honeymoon ever, we packed up our lives and moved to Austin. And thus began the wildness. We hit a few bumps along the way (some bigger than others) but here we are today, together in one happy little married piece.

And although this last year was definitely was not easy, being married to Brendon was a piece of cake. Loving him and being his wife is so easy. It's like breathing. I have never loved him more and I am crazier about him every day. I have no idea how that's possible after all these years, but I dig it. Yes, I want to punch him in the face sometimes (who doesn't? Kidding babe! ...kinda), and I'm sure he feels the same about me. I know I can be a bee-otch fosho! But everyday is an adventure and even at our grumpiest I am happier than ever. No matter what life throws at us, we've got each other and that makes everything seem a whole lot easier.


Thank you Brendon Hogan, for being a wonderful husband for one wonderful year. Thank you for loving me and all my craziness. For putting up with me on my bad days and loving me no matter what. Thank you for making me laugh and laughing with me everyday. You are so much fun. You are as weird as I am (if not weirder) and can handle even my oddest quirks and habits. On that note, thank you for being patient with me. I know I can be am a mess. Thank you for being adorable and handsome and such a cute little nerd. I swear you get better looking everyday (not fair!). Thank you for inspiring me to be a better person. You work so hard at everything you do, I am envious of your determination and endless supply of motivation! And your charm! How you work your magic on people blows my mind. Thank you for always supporting me in everything, seriously. You have no idea how important that is to me. My life has changed so radically this past year, I am doing things I never thought I was capable of. And I highly doubt I would have been able to do any of it without you.

So thank you for being you, Mr. Hogan. I love you more than anything and I can't wait to spend a gazillion more years married to you.

 Post ceremony victory dance across the lawn!

Photo cred to the amazing Breanna at Powerhouse Studios.

Recap of our wedding here, here, and here. Honeymoon part one, two, three, four, five, six. Yes there are six parts. It was an awesome honeymoon OKAY?

No comments:

Post a Comment