Monday, January 16, 2012

Wedding - Part 1

Here we go! Bloggin' the wedding. The first half at least. Again, all these lovely photos are curtesy and property of Powerhouse Studios.

I was a little stressed out the morning of the wedding, but as soon as I got to the Vineyards (and we got all our decorations up) the amazing staff took care of everything (seriously they are all rockstars) and I was at ease.

Brendon and I decided to see each other before the wedding and have a "first look" so that we could knock out the majority of the photos and focus on hanging out with guests after the ceremony. I would seriously recommend this to anyone and everyone. It saves you a ton of stress and precious wedding time, and gives you and your soon to be spouse a chance to breathe and relax together before the big walk down the aisle. Plus you get to actually enjoy the cocktail hour! And no, seeing each other first does not make it any less special when you walk down the aisle. It was still beyond awesome.

My beeeautiful sister and best friend!

I had a mullet dress, short in the front, long in the back! I wanted something simple but nontraditional and something I could be somewhat comfortable in since we'd be outside. After one seriously long day of dress hunting I found this baby. After a few alterations it was perfect. And of course, it has pockets! I put them to use, I had my lip gloss and vows in there!


I was really nervous about seeing Brendon before the ceremony. He had no idea what I was going to be wearing and as it was not your typical wedding dress, I was hoping he'd like it! And he did! We got to hang out and be giggly for a bit while our photographer took pictures and then we headed over to do some family shots. And I have to say, we have some good looking family and friends.







After all the pictures were taken the girls headed up stairs to hide out while the guests arrived. Then before I knew it, it was time to walk down the aisle.

LOVE this picture!

An AWESOME picture of Kristy right before the ceremony. Guurrrl, you so pretty!

Z!! Seriously the best, best man ever. I might have even stolen him a bit to be a bridesman at times. He was there for us all day throughout the entire wedding ordeal. We cannot thank him enough for being so awesome. And dang we miss you Z! Hawaii is calling our names.

 Cutest flower girl and ring bearer ever? I thinkso. I had a tough act to follow down the aisle.

I cried my way down the aisle. As soon as I heard my song start playing I lost it. Walking down the aisle with my parents by my side, surrounded by everyone I love, to meet my soon to be husband is enough to make any girl tear up a little. And as I am a big baby, I teared up a lot.


Our ceremony, for us, was absolutely perfect. I think I've talked about it before, but I'm going to do it again because it was just so awesome. Since we are not religious, we kind of butted heads with the venue provided minister when we told him we wanted a non-secular ceremony that didn't mention God (gasp!). He didn't want to budge so we fired him. Just kidding, it wasn't that dramatic and we respect everyone's beliefs, we just all agreed it wasn't going to work. Luckily we have an insanely gifted with words friend who just happened to be ordained. Our good friend Derek wrote and officiated our ceremony. And it was wonderful. He is a truly amazing writer (he recently finished writing a book!) and we couldn't have asked for anything better. He knocked it out of the park. My favorite part was a quote from our beloved Albus Dumbledore, "Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." Thank you Derek. You are the bomb.com and should seriously do this professionally. 

We also wrote our own vows, which I would highly recommend to anyone getting hitched. Seriously, there is nothing like promising your love to each other in front of everyone you love, not to mention legally, using your own words. We chose a number of lines to stick to so they would be about the same length and then went from there. I finished mine the morning before the wedding and I think Brendon did too. I was super nervous about writing and reading my vows but when the time came it was easy peasy, although I choked up a bit. I loved hearing Brendon's and I loved reading mine to him. Best. Thing. Ever.  




PDA!


Officially hitched!
 
The next half will cover the reception portion of the wedding where we all dance our butts off, and in my case, the bottom of my shoes off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment