Thursday, February 9, 2012

DIY Pincushion

For a while now I've been keeping my pins in the little plastic box they came in. It works out fine except I knock it over and spill them all the time. On the floor, on my desk, all over the place. Pins everywhere constantly. And then I poke myself ten thousand times picking them all up. I knew a pincushion was the answer. And I finally made one!


I used these instructions from the Purl Bee. This site is full of all kinds of adorable crafty things to make, plus pretty things to drool over, it's awesome. They make me want to go knit something right now. I taught myself to knit my freshman year of college, but of course I've forgotten. I need to refresh my memory!


This is the stuff you'll need for your pincushion, super easy, stuff you probably have around already (if you're a sewer):
- Sewing needle
- Embroidery needle
- Scissors
- Thread
- Embroidery thread
- A little bit of felt
- A little bit of fabric
- Some stuffing
- Something to trace a circle (I used a salad plate, it was about 9" in diameter)

The rest of the directions are on the site, I'm too lazy to type it all out. It's easy peasy, I made mine in about 20 minutes. It doesn't even have to match. I did mine all matchy-matchy, but it would be super cute with contrasting colors. Whatever you've got lying around.


Mine came out a little wonky, but that's how I roll so I like it. It has character. These would make sweet little gifts for a crafty person in your life. Or handy things to keep you from scattering pins everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment