Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Early Valentine's Day

A few weeks back, Brendon insisted that I ask for the 7th off from work, without telling me why. Obviously I knew something was up, but I went with it. So when yesterday finally rolled around, I was ready to find out what was going on. He told me that I should probably fix my hair (the first time I've actually styled my hair since November...SAD). And that's about it. When he got home from school he decided that there was nothing he wanted to eat at home and that we should probably just go out for dinner. And then he gets dressed up all cute and fancy and says I should do the same. He discusses our dinner options of McDonald's or Burger King and we head out. I knew we were going somewhere special, just not where. And I hate not knowing what's going on. We ended up downtown and roll up to the Melting Pot! I love me some fondue. I didn't even know there was one in Austin! We have been going there for anniversaries and Valentine's days for years, it's kind of a little tradition. And it is so good.

So the sneaky husband surprised me with a night of some yummy fondue. And we feasted. We ate entirely too much food. I thought they were going to have to roll me out afterwards. But it was delish. The cheese is my favorite for sure.

Going to town on some cheese. And keeping it classy with a bud light.

Dang look at that cutie! And downtown Austin is so pretty, I'll never get used to living in the city.

We did our V-day celebration early this year because on the actual day Brendon has school all day and a test that evening, and I will be at work all night so we wont see each other. I think Brendon's secretly relieved, he's not a big fan of Valentine's day. He's one of those "it's a made up, greeting card holiday" people. But I love it! Any excuse to celebrate love is fine by me. Plus pink and red hearts are so cute! But beating out the crowds and avoiding the stress of making reservations on Valentine's Day sure is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment