Thursday, February 23, 2012

Girl day

Today I decided to treat myself to a day of girly-ness. I have the whole day off and Mr. H is at school until late this evening. So why not? I dressed a tad fancier than my usual sweats and t-shirt combo and set out on the town.

Mirror pics are still cool right? Excuse my monster hair.

I took myself to a nice little lunch at one of my fav places, La Madeline's. That tomato soup is where it's at. I sat on the patio and enjoyed the lovely weather. And the wind. Austin folks, did you notice that it's quite a blustery day outside? A man walked by while I was eating and said, "I'm surprised you haven't blown away. I noticed you are the only one out here. It's really windy." THANK YOU good sir for pointing out the obvious. As dangerous as that breeze might have been, I survived and managed to eat my lunch without any trouble. Alone. And I enjoyed it.

 I always get a fruit tart every time I eat there. They are so good. I could have eaten at least 5.

Next up on my list was the mall. I still had a gift card from Christmas that I hadn't spent so I figured now was the time. I got a couple of really cute sweaters on super sale and still have moola left to spend. YES. Too bad it's summer already and I probably wont get to wear them until November. Supposedly a cool front is coming in tonight (hence the wind?) so maybe I'll get to wear them sooner rather than later. Cross your fingers y'all. They're cute.

Today is the day of mirror pics, in a dressing room too! Those are the sweaters I bought hanging in the back. I just had to get a shot of this skirt, because it's awesome. I got it for $15 at LOFT a little while back. It's navy and it has pockets. Love.

After my little shopping expedition, I headed home for some r&r. I painted my toe nails and am about to go get cuddly on the couch and watch a movie, I'm debating between Enchanted and Tangled. Yes, I am a 11 year old girl today. I also may bake some cookies. I love cookies.

Since it's been feeling so much like spring these days, I painted my toes light pink with a shimmery/glittery top coat. Like I said, eleven years old.

Every now and then I think it's good to take a "you" day. Spoil yourself just a bit. It's good for the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment