Friday, February 24, 2012

Shortbread cookies

Remember yesterday when I said I might make cookies? Well I don't play games when it comes to cookies. Of course I made some. I recently tried a shortbread cookie at work and was like "dang I like this, I must learn how to make them", and so I did. Turns out it's pretty dang easy.


I used this recipe. Minus the chocolate because I didn't have any. And I made circle cookies instead of "finger" cookies because who has that cookie cutter on hand anyways? Seriously though, they are so easy. You just need, flour, sugar, vanilla, salt, and butter (a lot of it). If you're like me you've always got that stuff on hand. I love simple recipes like this that you can throw together on a whim.


I don't want to talk about how many of these I've eaten. They're super rich and buttery and that might not be for everyone. Obviously they're for me. I'm on Paula Deen's team, butter is my friend. It may not be good for you, but damn, it makes stuff taste good. And if I'm making cookies, I'm not trying to make them healthy.

Nom nom nom, I love cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment