Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The bangs are back

 Before and after!  

First of all I want to apologize for looking like a grumpy cow in both of these. I swear I smile in real life. And obviously the hand on the hip thing is my go-to for mirror shots, although I'm not sure how well that's working for me. Just tryin' to keep it classy y'all. I decided it was time to bring back the bangs for fall. I got my hair cut at this place in NB called ProdEdgy Salon, which is a training salon for the fancy pants William Edge salon. This place was legit! Head and neck massage, wash, cut, and style for $27 and you're not allowed to tip (I had a hard time with that part, I wanted to tip but they said no). The lady who did my hair was so sweet and did such a great job, she even touched up my makeup for me after. Very awesome. This is the straightest my hair has been in months, and probably the best it will look for a while. I'm so lazy when it comes to my hair. Actually I'm lazy about everything.

After getting my hair cut I had lunch with my mama at China Kitchen. If you're from NB, you know what's up. Yum. Then I hit up a couple thrift stores in NB searching for pyrex but I had no luck. On my way back to Austin I stopped and visited my sister and her boyfriend at her place in San Marcos. They have a snake! I freaked out about it at first but it's actually a pretty chill snake. She had it around her neck at one point, that chick's brave. It was kinda weird but kinda cool. And a little bit cute. I touched it like twice.

The snake!

Once I got back into Austin I hit up another thrift store and this time had some luck! I found a nice piece of pyrex and this cool silver bowl I'm going to use to put on my night stand to keep jewelry and other random objects in. I got both of these for $7.50!

 Snowflakes! So cute! And it's in great condition!

I had to scrub this bad boy down a bunch, it was tarnished as hell. Now it's nice and shiny!

And that my dears, was my day off so far in a nutshell. I'm about to go pick up the husband from school and then we'll have some dinner. It's been a pretty dang good day off if you ask me!

No comments:

Post a Comment