Thursday, September 22, 2011

Banana Bread

It's that time of the year again. Banana bread time! Yet another wonderful part of this upcoming season is the yummy food items that come with it. It's doesn't feel like it, it's still incredibly hot outside, but tomorrow is officially the first day of fall. Brendon needed something for a pharmacy group bake sale so I decided to make my banana bread. And thus was born another food blog post! I'm going to share this super easy but crazy yummy recipe with you guys. I've been using it for a few years now and I swear by it. Not sure where I found it, probably a blog or website somewhere, so if you recognize it let me know and I'll give the creator credit, because it is genius!

Here's whatcha need:

 (not pictured baking soda, and a greased and floured bread pan)

3 whole ripe bananas (and seriously RIPE, they need to be soft. I've made it with bananas that were a tad green and it's not nearly as good.)
1 stick of butter - softened
1 cup of granulated sugar (already got a stick of butter and a cup of sugar, you know it's going to be good.)
1 cup of flour
1 egg
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
Greased and floured bread pan

You could totally add some nuts if you'd like. I like my banana bread pretty simple and not crunchy so I leave them out.

Now here's what you do:

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease and flour your pan. Then mash up the bananas.


Now add all the other ingredients and mix together.


Pour it into the pan and bake for 1 hour. And let me tell you, this is going to make your kitchen and surrounding rooms smell amazing. It made our whole apartment smell divine. Your mouth is going to water. 

Once you're hour's up, take your bread out, let it cool for a bit, and enjoy!


Try not to eat it all at once. It was rough having to give all this away. I foresee another batch being baked in the near future.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful microwave you have in the background of those ingredients! ;) I'm going to comment about your previous blog here too while I'm on a comment box... sewing machine! I want one! I'm confident in my hand stitching but I thought it might be fun to learn to use a machine. I made a doll for kennedy and mostly hand stitched it and Ryan's grandma helped me with some parts on a sewing machine. So tell me... how difficult is it to use? When did you get yours? Is it something I should splurge on and get a good brand or would a mid-grade suffice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That microwave is a boss! :) I got my sewing machine when I was really young, like 12ish? My mom taught me how to sew on her old one and when it fell apart I got a new one. I have a Kenmore, not sure how fancy it is but it works pretty well! I definitely would get something simple at first so you don't overwhelm yourself. The fancy ones are kind of scary and the simple ones work just fine. I think it's pretty easy once you get a hang of it, the machine manual will help a lot (I lost mine :() plus there's always google! And I'm always here to answer questions! It's definitely something I'm very grateful to know how to do, it's come in handy a lot over the years. We miss you guys so much! Is Kennedy excited about Halloween? What is she going to be??

    ReplyDelete