Thursday, September 22, 2011

Comal County Fair

Yesterday Brendon and our momma's ventured on out to the ol' Comal County Fair. It had been a good 5 years since we'd been. I used to go every year when I was younger (Brendon too. Actually everyone did if you grew up in New Braunfels. You weren't cool if you didn't.) so it was neat to go back. Half of the exhibits weren't open yet so that was a bummer but we had a lot of fun anyways! We saw some little munchkins polka dance (everything is always German in NB), checked out the animals, played some games, ate some fried food, people watched (they are always interesting characters at the fair), and rode the ferris wheel.


These roosters were TINY. Like 8 inches tall. They were the size of pigeons, SO CUTE.


Fancy feathers! They had some of the craziest hair-dos.


I apologize for how washed out this is but it's a good picture of us ladies other than that. (After looking through these pictures, I realize that giving Brendon control of the camera for the night maybe wasn't a good idea. We both need a photo class.)


Baby chicks!!! So soft. They were ridiculously cute.


The view from the top! Brendon's mom treated us to a ride on the ferris wheel! I there are few rides I'll brave, but this I could handle.


Brendon frustrates me endlessly. He refuses to make a decent face for pictures! He always looks so grumpy. But still cute. 


My mom trying her hand at a game (that was totally rigged and impossible to win) with us. The prizes for this game included iguanas and parakeets! How pissed do you think parents are when their kids come home from the fair with a new pet?


Brendon throwing darts.  He won me a pretty pink stuffed froggy! 

It was a very relaxing and fun night. And as always, we ran into people we knew and hadn't seen in years. New Braunfels is such a small town, you can't go anywhere without running into someone you know.

I'm looking forward to Wurstfest in a couple months. We will finally be able to enjoy it as "legal" adults, and at a German festival in a German town, bier is king. I'm thinking we need to dress up in lederhosen and drindl, as many New Braunfels Germans do! And I can pretend we're in the Sound of Music (we can also pretend it's an Austrian festival...)! Maybe if I get crafty/brave I'll make us some German gear. But knowing me, and Brendon's disapproval of crafts that are not free, it wont happen. We will also finally be able to go to Wassailfest this Decemeber! Yay for being able to do all the things we were too far away to do before in Denton! And yay for the fall bringing so many wonderful things!

No comments:

Post a Comment