Saturday, September 10, 2011

You win this round, City of Austin.


Well, I got my first parking ticket. I, actually Brendon and I, parked in a obviously marked no parking zone (I swear we didn't see the sign) because two cars (which Brendon parallel parked beautifully between) were already parked there, so we thought it was cool. NOPE. It's hard to be observant in the wee hours of the morning. 30 bones to the city. Could be worse, I'm just glad I didn't get towed.

One of the things I really can't stand about city life is the parking situation. It's not bad everywhere, mainly just central Austin were I work and Brendon goes to school, of course. Free parking is hard to find and if it's available it's usually on side streets where there are a gazillion rules, very few spots, and being able to parallel park (which I am terrible at) is a requirement. Parking garages/paid lots are the alternative but they are ridiculous. But I've only had to pay to park once, $12 down the drain, and I plan on continuing to park for free, legally (I WILL pay more attention to signs), regardless if I have to walk 15 blocks to work. So you can suck it, City of Austin. This will be the only parking fine you get out of me. Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment