Monday, September 5, 2011

Happy Labor Day, laborers!

Hope you have a lovely 9-5 Mon-Fri job and got to chill out today or do something outdoorsy in this absolutely divine weather. I had to work today, at 5:30am, but I sure don't mind that time and a half.

Burns. They keep happening to me.


Recently, I have been burning myself on various things like crazy. I'm pretty accident prone as it is, but this is getting excessive. This recent burn is from the edge of a cookie sheet that I somehow managed to touch with my arm. Last week I burned one hand with the espresso machine and poured freshly steamed milk over the other hand. A few weeks ago I burned my arm on the top of the oven while taking something out, and a week or so before that I burned my inner arm on a pie pan. What's wrong with me? (a lot.)

Now let's talk about this fantastic weather. It feels aaaamazing outside today. Yesterday we had some killer winds blow in some cooler weather, thank goodness. My walk to work this morning was actually a little chilly, granted it was like 5am and still dark. I spent my lunch break today sitting outside soaking in the sun and enjoying the breeze. And listening to the UT tower play the fight song (Brendon told me that there's an old man that actually plays the bells up there and has been doing so for decades. I don't know if it's true but every time I hear the bells I like to imagine he's up there playing). It's 87 degrees right now with a cool breeze, such a dramatic change from stuffy 106. Thank you September for bringing cooler weather our way. And thank you Texas for giving us this beautiful pre-fall day after a hellish summer, you owe us. Thus begins my favorite time of the year! I LOVE YOU FALL.


I tried to take a picture of the trees outside our apartment blowing around yesterday, trees blowing in the wind creates the most wonderful background noise, but this really doesn't do it justice. At all. I'm still very new to taking pictures in manual mode, but slowly I'm learning. Should have taken a photo class in college.

Yesterday my momma came up and spent the day with me, it was awesome! We had lunch, hung out on the couch with the cats, went to see the Help (so good), and then we made this feast:

 See my little pyrex baby holding our garlic bread? Put that bad boy to use.

My mom has some serious skills in the kitchen. I steal all her recipes but they always taste better when she makes them. Must be those mom-powers. I'm looking at this picture and seriously considering tackling some of those leftovers we've got in the fridge. Yes... I think that definitely needs to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment