Tuesday, August 16, 2011

SoCo, book reports, and puke

I have been a negligent blogger! I was hoping to be posting everyday, or at least every other, but I have not been diligent in my blogging. That's okay though because there's only like 6 people who read this and I married one of them.

This weekend my daddio and my step momma came up to visit. We had a night on the town in Austin! We went over to South Congress (they call it SoCo, how cute is that?) where's there are a ton of shops, restaurants, and one of those food trailer parks, Lynne was excited about those. It was really neat! We went to Uncommon Objects which is a very well organized antique store. It is also very over priced. Denton's Antique Mall on the square probably had the same stuff for half the price, but it was a hot unorganized mess. I love antique stores!

I apologize for the terrible grainy quality, I iphoned it up. There was a time in my life when I used to keep an actual camera on me at all times. I should get back into that.

 At the food trailer park! You can see down town in the background, it was such a pretty night. And not too unbearably hot either. Check out those people hula hoopin' on the left, they were selling hula hoops for $4. I feel like that's a little steep for hula hoops covered in duct tape.


Lynne is the cupcake queen so of course we had to check out the cupcake truck. They were pretty good, but super rich and I was stuffed from dinner so I could barely get through half of mine.

I love seeing my family! Even though we're so much closer it doesn't happen as often as I'd like. Gas is killer!

I've been a reading machine recently. I've read Brave New World, 1984, Wuthering Heights, and the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I'm just starting the Girl who Played with Fire. Book review time! 

Brave New World and 1984 were very similar, you guys know the premise. They were both depressing and a little creepy to see how accurate they ended up especially since they were written so long ago. 1984 was actually a bit of a tough read after all my usual easy reading (Harry Potter...). It felt good to exercise the old brain a bit. Wuthering Heights was legit, that's such a good story! And it has a happy ending which was very welcomed after the previous two. I took a break from classic literature and read the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo next. Brendon's mom let us borrow the series, the movie is coming out this December (yay Daniel Craig!) so I figured I better read it before I saw the movie. It was good, nice and long, but a lot more background info than plot. But it was an enjoyable read and it sucked me in. How nerdy am I?! I love me some books.

Okay, so today. My boss called me at 6:20 this morning asking me if I could come in to work and I was pretty much like "hell yeah!" because mo' hours = mo' money. I get there, have a breakfast taco, make some drinks, and then I feel like death. Super nauseous. I end up puking at work twice (sorry if that's gross), and getting sick at work is the PITS man. So I spent the last half of my shift feeling like I was going to die but tried to save some face and keep my cool in front of customers. And coworkers. My sweet boss let me go home early, but that drive home was intense. I didn't know if I was going to make it! But I did, obviously, and crashed on the couch and ate some rice crispies dry out of the box. Dry cereal seems like my go-to for feeling pukey. I'm feeling better now, just a little weak. I guess maybe it was the taco? And I just needed to get it out of my system? Regardless it sucked and getting sick at work is super embarrassing. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment