Thursday, August 18, 2011

Champion muffins


These are the best blueberry muffins ever. I'm just going to go ahead and say it. And I made them. And I don't even like blueberries. The recipe is here, aptly called The Best Blueberry Muffins Recipe. The only thing I'd change would be the amount of blueberries. It calls for 2 and a half cups, I only used 2 cups because it was all I had, but it was also two cups of the biggest blueberries ever. But that's from someone who doesn't like blueberries, so you can disregard that statement. Oh and I only used a pinch of nutmeg in the topping, because I don't care too much for nutmeg. Disregard this also if you love nutmeg. Brendon is a fan.

 
My delish breakfast this morning. Check out those massive blueberries! HEB, your produce is impressive.

Also this morning Sophie has been insane. She has her crazy pants on for sure. She's been following me around the house, meowing, rolling around, and getting onto every surface she shouldn't be. She careened onto the bathroom counter this morning knocking down all my beauty supplies (aka deoderant and toothpaste), and she also was all over the kitchen counter investigating my breakfast photoshoot. Evidence:


What a freak! She's probably all riled up because this is the latest I've slept in ages. I got up at 10:27 y'all! That's a big accomplishment. Usually on my days off I get up at 8 something, and that's after a lot of tossing and turning. Today I forced myself to sleep in and thus, Sophie was bored.

Brendon starts pharmacy school in less than a week!!! Craziness. After all these years, it's finally happening! It seems like just yesterday we were researching schools that have pharmacy programs. And Brendon, the silly boy, put UT at the bottom of the list because he thought he couldn't get in. Obviously I convinced him otherwise, he applied and how wrong was he?! Can I brag for a second? Have I mentioned that he got into every school he applied to?! BAAAAHHH I'm so proud. And I am so excited for him to start school, but I think he's a little nervous. He has no reason to be, he's such a badass and a charmer and a genius. He's going to wreck shop and UT wont know what hit them. I am really super duper excited about him being close to me at work. Now we can hang out on breaks and after work/class on campus and I can pretend I'm a longhorn! Jk y'all. You know I'm a mean green eagle all the way. Speaking of which I want to check out that new stadium at UNT but I've heard the tickets are ridiculous. Guess they have to pay for it somehow. I think we're going to try to go to a longhorn game this fall. Hook 'em?

No comments:

Post a Comment