Monday, March 11, 2013

Mount Bonnell


Mount Bonnell is this big ol' limestone hill on Lake Austin. We had never been before but I had recently been told "YOU HAVE TO GO!" so since the weather was phenomenal Sunday, Brendon and I decided to give it a try. And boy, is the view nice! On one side you've got Lake Austin and the 360 bridge (aka my commute to work, every dang day) and on the other side you've got downtown. What a pretty little city we live in!








Ummm... those houses. Yes please.


The weather was so so so good. Can it be like that everyday? After climbing around in the hills of Lake Austin, we ventured down to our favorite haunt, South Congress. We got snow cones, candy, and did a little shopping. Oh and found a cat to hang with. Because you know.





This weekend was really wonderful. My bff Kristy came down from Dallas with her daughter Kennedy to hang for the weekend (I took zero pictures because I am laaaaame). Unfortunately it was rainy and gross while they were here, but we still had an awesome time! Sunday they left a little early because they both got a little sick (Austin is an allergen), so Brendon and I ended up with a little rare alone time to explore the city in the sun. Perfect day, perfect weekend. I could get used to the whole weekend off thing. I envy you with normal jobs!

No comments:

Post a Comment