Friday, March 8, 2013

52 weeks of baking: 10 - honey chocolate chip cookies


These were probably the weirdest cookies I've ever made. Look at the ingredients. No sugar, no butter, but shortening and honey instead. I was intrigued and had to try it, with the help of my four legged kitchen assistant.



Worst ingredient shot ever. Scratch that baking powder and add some vanilla. You girl was trippin'.




They are the lightest cookies ever. Such a strange texture without the gritty (in a good way) sugar. And although they are super weird, they're still pretty good! They're light and fluffy (and slightly bouncy?) and probably way better for you than traditional chocolate chip cookies. However, I'm still on the butter and sugar side. Nothing beats that combination and cooking with shortening just feels wrong. And if I'm making dessert I'm not worried about the calorie count.

But all that said and done, this little lady approved so booya:

No comments:

Post a Comment