Tuesday, March 12, 2013

52 weeks of baking: 11 - coconut shortbread


What the heck is that lumpy thing? It's a clover, you jerk. St. Patty's Day week, y'all! Really though, I must preface this by saying that as cute as that cookie cutter was, it just did not translate well into shortbread.

I did my baked goodie early this week, because I have a feeling this may be one of those weeks where I can't seem to get anything done. I had most of the afternoon off and some coconut hanging out in my pantry, begging to be baked, so I consulted Deb and boom, made me some toasted coconut shortbread cookies.







Cute they may not be, but yummy they sure are! These little guys are delicious and I dare you to eat just one. I think if I made them again I'd make them a little thicker. And a symmetrical shape, such as a circle.

Also, here's what baking plus YouTube looks like:


Yup. Burnt my whole first round. WHOOPS. I was actually really ticked. These babies are yummy and I wasted half of them. Boooo. But they are super easy to make (did you see how few ingredients there are?) and in case you're wondering, the cookie dough is phenomenal. I ate way too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment