Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Mostly this is just rambling

Things have been wacky lately! Time is going by too quickly and I cannot seem to keep up. I can't believe Thanksgiving is a week from tomorrow. I must apologize profusely to my dear second favorite holiday of the year because it seems to have been thrown by the wayside this year. I'm the holiday queen and all, but this month has been nuts. But I did it big the past two years and cooked the big feasts solo, so I feel like it's okay to not do it so big this year. Sorry little pine cone turkey decorations, you'll get your chance next year I promise. We'll be spending turkey day with my mom and Brendon's family and then we'll do it all over again with my dad, or maybe vice versa. Regardless, I ready to chow down on some grub and am so excited to be close to home this year! As much as I enjoyed our Denton Thanksgivings, it's not quite the same without everyone all together.

In other news, our tv broke. This is a big deal y'all. First world problems, I know, I know. Although we rarely watch actual television, we watch a lot of movies. Like a LOT. It's how we unwind and de-stress. We are movie fanatics! And our tv was our baby. Brendon saved up forever and ever to get it a few years ago and it's a nice little tv so it was really heartbreaking when it stopped working. Thankfully it is still under warranty. Unfortunately, we had to ship it to Samsung in NEW JERSEY to get it fixed (which they will hopefully be able to do). Who ships tvs across the country??? We do. We had to order this crazy special box (that they sent the wrong size of) and bought a gigantic roll of bubble tape to wrap it and pack it up with. I wrote all over the box FRAGILE and THIS SIDE UP about a hundred times. I am very nervous for our little tv's big trip across the country and hope that it comes back to us safely in working condition. Because Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 just came out and is sitting in our living room begging to be watched. And so are all my favorite holiday movies. Have a safe and speedy journey little tv! We miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment