Saturday, October 1, 2011

Happy October!

We were welcomed into October with a lovely morning of coolness, even now it's only in the 80's! THE EIGHTIES! Not the 90's or 100's. It's so lovely. I think it's time to start sittin' on the porch in the evenings! Maybe I can convince Brendon to do some studying out of doors.

Today I decorated for Halloween. I had been waiting all week for it to be officially October so I could do so, and I'm surprised I made it. Decorating for holidays, or doing anything holiday related, is a passion of mine as I'm sure you all have gathered.

This ridiculous cat is my favorite of our decorations. Brendon got it for me a couple years ago. He brought it home from work one day and sat it on my desk to surprise me. It took a few minutes for me to realize it was there but when I did it scared the bejeezus out of me. I'm pretty sure I shrieked, which is very appropriate for Halloween. Mission accomplished, weird sparkly cat. I added a bow to make it cuter. Bows on everything y'all. Everything.

Also, this happened today. Orange toe pumpkin toe nails! That pumpkin was insanely hard to draw with a toothpick and cheap-o black nail polish. So hard I could only do it once, hence the lonely left big toe.

I hope that October is good to you dear readers. The wonderful season of fall is upon us! Enjoy it people.

No comments:

Post a Comment