Friday, October 21, 2011

Halloween mystery and eggs in a tomato

Halloween will soon be upon us! Are you ready? Being the procrastinator I am, of course I have just started working on my costume today. I'm not telling what it is until it is finished/Halloween because surprises are fun! Not that you're particularly interested, just humor me. I've told a few people what I'm dressing up as and if you know, shhhhh! Here's a sneak peak:

The materials! Aren't they just lovely?

 Obviously I'm being something very spooky and terrifying. You know me.

In culinary news, tonight Brendon was the head chef and he did a fantastic job! He made these adorable little babies:


Tomatoes stuffed with eggs and avocados topped with sour cream. They were so fancy! If we did it again, I think we'd roast the tomatoes first. It was a little odd having warm eggs in cold tomatoes, but I'm picky when it comes to temperatures of foods. Not a big fan of hot and cold things together. For instance, brownies and ice cream? NO WAY.

Coming soon, my favorite Halloween movies! Don't worry, I'm a weenie, none of them are too spooky.

3 comments:

  1. OOoo I think I have a good guess (maybe?) !!!

    I'm excited to find out and see your costume! Especially if it is what I think it is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to tell! I can't keep a secret for crap. It's almost done and I'm ready to spill the beans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a costume made out of the peachy/pinky/salmon color satin when I was younger. I was Marie Antoinette. I had forgotten until I saw your fabric and your favorite movie post. I had to have it for a class presentation / oral report. So, if that's your costume idea, awesome! Well, whatever it is, I'm sure it will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete