Friday, June 3, 2011

New home

Well, we're here! We're all moved in to our new place and almost all unpacked. Moving was rough but way easier than I thought it would be. Brendon is a macho man, he did so much work! He's so strong too! I whined about single boxes while he moved mattresses and dryers. Such a man. Especially in this heat! It is SO hot. And there are mosquitoes everywhere. I have like 24 bites on my legs.

Our new apartment is okay. As I think I previously said, our apartment in Denton was pretty amazing so this is going to take some getting used to. It's not bad by any means, just different. It's very long, our bedroom and the office are separated by the living room instead of being across the hall like they used to be. And the walls are WHITE! Ahhh! I loved our caramel colored walls and miss them dearly. This stark white is just so "apartmenty". I donno, I'm weird. And there are no fixtures on the bedroom or office ceiling. Like NONE. No light. No fan. SO STRANGE. We bought a fan that they are supposed to install sometime this month (???) in our bedroom. We'll have a lovely cord running down the wall to an outlet, but at least we'll have light and air movement. Okay, enough complaining. We're happy to be here I swear!

Brendon started working today. He's floating around at different stores until June 19th and then he's going to help open the Dripping Springs CVS (baller!). I envy him and sort of regret my decision to officially quit the hoot and not transfer to one down here. I mean it needed to happen badly, but finding a job is stressful! Especially when you're in a new city and you know where nothing is. Buh. But Craig's list has been helping me out, I've submitted my resume to a bunch of places. Hopefully I'll hear back soon! Until then I'm unemployed and freaking out haha.

On the bright side of things, we are going to my mom's tonight. SO COOL that we can just roll on down to NB and see family whenever we want and then come back home. In the same day. I can't believe we're so close! Family makes everything better. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment