Thursday, August 1, 2013

52 weeks of baking: 31 - chocolate cake #2


First and foremost, happy birthday Harry Potter. Yes, I realize his birthday was yesterday, but there was no blogging for me yesterday. But we definitely celebrated, via this cake. It's chocolate, I feel like he'd like it. Everyone likes chocolate.

And yes, I made another chocolate cake. Whoops. Guess I'll have to eat it. This one is very similar to the last one I made, although it's a layer smaller and made with regular cocoa versus dutch process. It's every so slightly different in taste and texture; this one is fluffier, not as "dark", and the icing is more whipped. But that's about it. Two incredibly similar chocolate cakes. I'm okay with that because they're both delicious. This is the recipe I used this time.




I feel like I need this photo blown up and hung in my kitchen. It's my life. It compliments the painting hanging in my dining room well. One day I'll share that ridiculousness.




This cake is probably easier to make than the one I made last time. Less ingredients and you use just a couple bowls. Like seriously, two. It's an all around winner and I am storing it away in my repertoire as an excellent birthday cake. Or a just-because-cake, because you never need a reason for chocolate cake. Did I mention that it's delicious? And that I just had a piece and am debating going for seconds?

And kudos to the lovely folks at the Riverside CVS who have been eating my baked goods, asking what's coming up next, and sending Brendon home with compliments. THAT is the reason I bake. I love when people enjoy my food. I hope it makes them happy.


I feel like I owe the internet a post on what has actually been happening in my life aside from consuming lots of food, but every time I think about it I'm just like, SHEESH no one wants to hear that droll nonsense. Nothing exciting, just very very very busy. Can you believe it's August? Four months left of the year. Did your brain just explode a little?

No comments:

Post a Comment