Sunday, August 25, 2013

Home


We are home. We got back to Austin late last night from our little road trip to Ruidoso, New Mexico, aka our little slice of summer heaven. This trip was so perfect and so needed. Brendon and I both badly needed an escape and some alone time together, and this vacation more than delivered.

I have had an obsession with New Mexico since my early teens. Growing up we spent some time one summer in Ruidoso and hit up Taos in the winter for skiing for a few years. This was the first time I'd been back since I was a wee eighteen, and it still blew my mind. It felt like home. I did not want to leave (there may have been tears on the drive yesterday) and am still dreaming of mountains and cooler temperatures. Needless to say, my obsession for the Land of Enchantment has been fueled.

If you follow me on the ol' facebook or instagram, you saw bits and pieces of this trip, but be prepared, the vacation posts are coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment