Monday, August 19, 2013

52 weeks of baking: 34 - coconut chocolate chip cookies


This is vacation week. I am taking a vacation. A real one. Put it in your books people! Six days with my man and no work. So baking day was Monday (today). And after last weeks rather labor intensive adventure in baking, I thought I'd take it easy. Cookies are easy. And good. Chocolate chip is always my go-to cookie, but I had some coconut in my pantry begging to be baked. So viola, coconut chocolate chip cookies.





I based this recipe on a few general cookie recipes and hoped for the best. Worked out pretty well!
These cookies are fat and all kinds of yummy. Stuff of dreams, y'all. Here's the deets:

Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies (quadruple C's!)

2 cups of all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 sticks of butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
2 cups chocolate chips
2 cups sweetened shredded coconut

Preheat your oven to 375. Whisk your flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Cream your butter and sugar for about two minutes in the bowl of a mixer. Beat in your vanilla. Add your eggs, beating after each. Dump in those chocolate chips, mix it up! Add your coconut and mix it up some more!

Spoon 1 tablespoonish balls onto cookie sheet, spaced a couple inches apart. If you're me, eat copious amounts of cookie dough during this process. Bake those babies for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool and devour.

No comments:

Post a Comment