Thursday, May 30, 2013

52 weeks of baking: 22 - Snickerdoodle cookies


My two favorite things, Brendon and butter! Man, this boy. He is in Temple and I miss him. He will be home tomorrow night and mine for the rest of the summer. Counting down the seconds.

I think I've talked before about how fortunate we are to have people in our lives who treat us like family. Well, we are spoiled. In your second year of pharmacy school, you have the option to be a mentor to a first year pharmacy student. Of course Brendon signed up. His mentee is a really sweet and awesome guy who just so happens to be from Temple. And he and his family were sweet enough to welcome Brendon into their home for the past couple weeks while he's been doing his rotations at the VA hospital there. They are the kindest folks and we are so grateful. So so grateful. So, as a wee thank you (although this is not enough at all!), we baked snickerdoodle cookies for their family as well as for the pharmacists that Brendon has been working with. Because everyone loves snickerdoodles and it's extra fun to say.


Attempting to figure out why my butter, sugar, and egg mixture looks a bit like jello pudding. I know I have mentioned how Brendon being in the kitchen with me usually ends badly. This time, he was in charge of measuring out the sugar for the cookies. I thought nothing of it, this was a small task. However, he measured out the amount of sugar for the coating and not for the cookies, so instead of 1 1/2 cups of sugar, we just had 1/3. I noticed something was odd when I added the eggs, but it wasn't until I tasted the dough that I realized what was wrong. Thankfully I am a cookie dough fiend and connoisseur, so we just added more sugar and the cookies were saved. Though I just might have to kick Mr. Hogan out of the kitchen for a while.






This recipe I have for these snickerdoodles is amazing. It's so easy and has never failed me. It's long though, so I'm not typing it out unless someone is in serious need. These are phenomenal right out of the oven, delicious three days later, and reeeeally good dipped in coffee. Kudos to Brendon for discovering that last one. And I leave you with a creepy shot of me, because you need a laugh:

No comments:

Post a Comment