Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Baby Sophie and things


This picture is real old. It's from December of 2007, right after little baby Sophie came into our lives. She still lays like that, she's just exponentially heavier.

Brendon is in Temple for his first hospital rotation and it sucks. He'll be back Friday and then gone again from Tuesday to Friday. I know I am a huge wuss and spouses have to spend much longer amounts of time away from each other, but I shesh hate being away from Brendon. I miss him so much it hurts. But he is having fun and learning all sorts of things, so I am happy for this opportunity. I just miss him. A lot. And it's only Tuesday.

Luckily today I had good entertainment! My little sister come up from San Marcos to hang. We went on a run and had some delicious lunch (btw, Blue Dahlia Bistro is where it's at). Sister time is always bueno! Especially when you're feeling lonely!

Brendon and I are running our 8k in less than a week! Sunday's the big day. We did a practice run this past Sunday and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. We added almost two miles to our usual run and it was very doable. It was my best run to date and I think I finally found my happy place while running. My lungs and legs weren't all that happy, but they were working together and it felt good. My previous two runs were real bad, so it was rewarding to have a good one, especially added those two miles! Feeling myself get stronger is the best. Although I am still sore and my poor left calf is a mess. Get it together, calf!

Now, back to the random old picture of a cat (not really that random when you consider it's me). I love animals. Seriously. Possibly more than I love humans most of the time. I have this thing, where animals, all animals, make me cry. I don't know why, but pictures and videos and actual animals make me tear up like a baby. Especially when they are not okay, or need to be adopted. It's a thing and it's silly, but it's who I am I guess. This video made me lose my cool of course. The weather is wild and it is scary. I have too many loved ones up north (in Moore, Oklahoma specifically, so glad they're okay!), those tornadoes need to chill out. There are more storms coming and it's stressing me out. Rain, rain, go away! Actually, just come to South Texas, we need you! Tornadoes, y'all can just disappear though. My thoughts go out to all the people affected as well as their four legged friends. Watching that video made me happy, but it also made me think of all those that may not have had that luck. BUH, don't think like that, don't think like that.

I don't know where I'm going with this. I miss my husband, I love all the animals, and I want everyone up north to be safe. Please be safe. I need to bake something.

And for smiles, how'd she get so fat?

No comments:

Post a Comment