Sunday, May 12, 2013

52 weeks of baking: 19 - grapefruit yogurt cake



A friend posted a recipe for grapefruit cookies the other day on Facebook and they sounded amazing and I'd been thinking about them since. I was about to finally bake 'em when I thought, what ELSE can I bake with grapefruit? Since I made cookies last week I figured I'd try to do something a little different. And surprise surprise, I consulted my girl Deb and she had a grapefruit yogurt cake that looked amazing.








I love me some grapefruit and I love me some of this cake. It came out perfectly. It's the moistest softest cake ever! And the glaze gives it the nicest subtle crunch. It's got just enough grapefruit flavor and unlike many citrus baked goodies, it's not overwhelmingly sweet. And I think I finally figured out the weirdness with my oven, I lowered the temp 25 degrees and for the first time in a while, my edges didn't get extra crispy! Hurray!


I highly recommend this little cake. And I'm sure you could swap out the fruit for whatever you'd like. I think it would be badass with lime, lemon, or orange. Or a fruit combo!

OH and in the midst of doing some dishes, I turned around to find this:



Cat on the counter. She's such a brat. She has to be in the middle of everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment