Friday, December 7, 2012

Wassailfest 2012


Last night Brendon and I went a'wassailing with my momma and her friend Ray. We had a lot of fun! I love Wassailfest! We missed out all those years we lived in Denton, although they have a very similar celebration on their square on the same night! Brendon was unable to go last year because of evil pharmacy school, but this year he had the evening off and we got our wassail on. We tried almost every wassail stop and I am good on my apple-cider-eqsue drinks for a year.

We had a lot of fun, even though I limped through town because I am ridiculous and pulled some sort of stupidness in my knee running the day before. Physical activity hates me.

Last year the courthouse was under construction and completely covered in scaffolding so it wasn't lit up. This year it is somehow still under construction, but they lit it up anyways! It's so pretty, even with the tractors and piles of dirt in front of it.



One of the best things about Wassailfest is checking out each shop and how they decorate for the holidays. The hardware store is one of my favorites. It's so cute!




I have a way with these types of pictures.








Literally as I was taking pictures of the gazebo, a guy proposed to his girlfriend in it. They're on the other side of those risers hugging. I caught homegirl's surprised face in one of the blurry-unblog-worthy shots. Congrats random people!


A good night with family. After consuming copious amounts of wassail, we all went to dinner at one of our old favorite places to eat, China Kitchen! So good, it had been forever since we'd been. An appropriate end to a night back in our hometown!

No comments:

Post a Comment