Friday, December 28, 2012

Apple pie


I've never made an apple pie before. I actually don't even like apple pie. But the Smitten Kitchen guru had a very promising pie crust recipe I wanted to try and I figured why not, I'll bust out an apple pie for the holidays.

I used this recipe for the filling and this recipe for the crust.






Like I said, I don't really like apple pie, I'm not a huge fan of cooked fruit, so I'm not sure if it was really good or not, but Smitten Kitchen is usually pretty infallible. I made it for our Christmas Eve dinner and my family said it was good, but they could have just said that because they're family. But that crust, y'all. Oh man, it was delicious. Seriously, the puffiest most perfect crust ever. And the hearts were a last minute addition, I thought they were cute!


Make some pies. Make use of this crust recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment