Sunday, December 9, 2012

Luminations


Last night we went to the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center for a little holiday event called "Luminations". It was interesting. It was REALLY dark out there. The lit paths were pretty, but other than that a lot of the areas were pitch black and it was slightly creepy. We decided we need to come back during the day sometime to see what the place actually looks like, the buildings looked pretty neat from what we could see. My mom took my sister and I here when we were little, but I don't remember it looking like this at all. I'm pretty sure it's been renovated since then.

We got a bag of legit kettle corn (our first of the season!) and walked around dodging wild children and checking out the lights. They had all kinds of crafts and live holiday music. It would be a neat event to take your kids to, but as a kid-less couple, the sheer number of children milling around was a little much for us.








Regardless of the crowds of children, it was a fun little holiday festivity. I can't wait to go back when we can actually see the plants sometime soon. The buildings have huge glass windows so I'm sure the view is pretty good too. Until next time, Wildflower Center!

No comments:

Post a Comment