Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Lonely Goatherd

Yesterday we went to Pedenales Falls State Park to do some outdoorsy stuff. Unfortunately the river was so low that swimming was kind of impossible. The river bottom and rocks were reeeally slippery. We busted ass a few times and somehow I broke my toe nail and got something (a piece of rock I think) wedged under it. Cute right? But aside from that it was pretty, there was a good breeze, and we did some excellent reading under a tree. Very relaxing trip, but the hike back to the car was very hot. I think this would be a great place to visit in the spring (or not in one of the worst droughts ever).

While there we had some friends join us. Tons of goats!



They were everywhere! Subsequently there were little goat turds you had to look out for everywhere as well. They were so cute, getting drinks and eating the crap out of everything green. You could hear them bah-ing (I'm sure there's a more official term for their calls that I'm unaware of. Bleating?) all over the hillsides. The hills were alive, with the sounds of goats. Sound of Music anyone? Basically one of my favorite movies ever.

Remember when I said we read under a tree? Yesterday I finished Perfume, the Story of a Murderer. It was pretty good. Not super great, but interesting. We also rented the movie last night, and I think they did a good job sticking to the book. They over sexualized his relationship with his victims and left out a few scenes, but that's Hollywood. Over all I think they captured the mood of the book and it was entertaining to see it put into action. Worth a watch if you're interested.

And I leave you with this, a photo of my adorable husband on a trip with his mom and bro to Barton Springs.


He makes me happy and I can't wait for him to get off work.

No comments:

Post a Comment