Sunday, December 14, 2014

Disney's California Adventure


Oh, Disneyland... Where do I even begin. So for those of you who don't know, there are two parks at Disney California; Disneyland and Disney California Adventure. We did both parks on Wednesday, and spoiler alert, you cannot see it all in one day. Which means yes, I did not get to see all of Disneyland. Yes, I pouted. I am still sad, but moving on. We had a blast and that just means there will be first time experiences next time. The future good Doctor Hogan promised to take me back. 

We got there before opening and started with California Adventure. We pretty much saw/rode almost everything there! California Adventure is newer and more... adult friendly than Disneyland. They serve alcohol and the rides are more adventurous. I think we rode all the big rides except for Grizzly River Run, because it was actually not that warm this day, and California Screamin', because it was closed for maintenance. Which was ironic because that's the ride you can see from the road and it teased us all week!

Everything in both parks was seriously Christmased out, and they even redid some of the rides for the holidays. Disney is insane. They do everything big. The rides, man... they're awesome. I had been to Disneyland before, but I was like 5? And do not remember it. Plus California Adventure didn't exist. So everything was brand new to me and SO MUCH FUN. Oh my gosh I was laughing and screaming like a child, it was amazing. Seriously, delightful. 


Their Ferris wheel isn't a normal Ferris wheel. It's little car things are on tracks so they rock and slide as the wheel turns around. They also have stationary ones around the edges, but of course we had to ride on the ones that moved (Brendon). I get motion sickness pretty easily (thankfully most of the rides at Disney are pretty tame) and this ride made me feel gross. Funny enough, they have motion sickness bags in each little car. So apparently I am not the only one. (For those of you who follow us on Facebook, NO I did not actually puke.)



Toy Story Midway Mania! So much fun! It's 3D arcade game/ride. Oh my goodness it was a blast. Brendon beat me in points, but I beat him in accuracy.


Cars Land! Oh man this was super cute. They basically recreated Radiator Springs. IT IS SO NEAT. Each cone in the Cozy Cone motel serves different kinds of foods in cones! ADORABLE!





The jewel of Cars Land is Radiator Springs Racers. This was one of my favorite rides in the park. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN. I couldn't believe how fun it was. I am a child. I don't even care. I loved it.



I think my favorite ride tied with Radiator Springs Racers was the Tower of Terror. Because I'd never been on it before and had no idea what to expect it caught me totally by surprise. It was AWESOME. Laugh screamed my way through it. AND while waiting, the sweetest older man working our "elevator" started singing Santa Claus is coming to town and got everyone in line to sing together. Place is magical, I'm telling you.




Disney desserts... uhh, yum. They have these coconut pie things that are to die for. Craving one as I type.



California Adventure! Really really fun. We also saw Aladdin the musical, which was great. Like very good for being in a theme park. I highly recommend it. Things I would skip next time, Soarin' Over California, Luigi's Flying Tires, and oh my god, the World of Color. Everyone online raved about the World of Color, so we made getting a fast pass for it a priority and then left Disneyland that evening to come back and check it out. WHAT A MISTAKE. I guess it was kind of cool? But I definitely could have lived without it. There were so many people that I couldn't see squat, even though we had "good" spots with our fast pass. Seriously, I would have much rather waited in line for a ride (or seen more of Disneyland...) than deal with that mess.

The Cars ride and the Tower of Terror were my favorite, but the other rides were wonderful as well. I just can't get over how detailed everything is. Everything is just so fun. Even waiting in line is fun. The scenes and decor are just off the charts. It really is a magical place!

Next time, Disneyland!

No comments:

Post a Comment