Thursday, December 18, 2014

Disneyland


Writing this post is making me emotional. YOU GUYS I LOVED THIS PLACE. And I did not get to spend nearly enough time here. As much as I enjoyed California Adventure, this was what I was all about. Disneyland. This is the magic. It was older and kitschier and I loved all of it. At least all of it we saw, which was about half (SOB). I had vague flashbacks from my childhood (the Enchanted Tiki Room!), but it was still all so new and I was totally enchanted. I'm such a sucker.


Also, the Christmas game at Disneyland totally spanked California Adventure.




Fully prepared to kick Sleeping Beauty out and move in.


The Enchanted Tiki Room! I think this gets written off as silly and outdated, but I LOVE IT. I love the cheesy animatronics and the corny songs. (Mom, do you remember me and Julie singing the Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room song forever? I do! I think we had it on tape.)


The Jungle Cruise was turned into the "Jingle" cruise; a plane with Christmas decorations crashed in the jungle so now all it's inhabitants were graced with holiday goodies. Our jungle guide made puns the ENTIRE time. It was cute, but I think I'd skip it next time. The line was WAY too cray cray.


Oh, the Pirates of the Caribbean. They have totally integrated Jack Sparrow into this baby. He was not there when I was a kid. Also, we got stuck on this ride. The ride broke down. For like 15 minutes we sat in the same spot next to this drunk animatronic pirate trying to give rum to a cat. We got to hear him say "here kitty kitty, be a nice pussy cat", like a thousand times. Classic old ass ride move.


The Haunted Mansion was redone Nightmare Before Christmas style. Pretty cool, but I'd like to see what it was originally. We also rode the Indiana Jones Temple of Doom ride and it was SO BOSS. There's this big ass snake and it's like the freaking Chamber of Secrets. I LOVED IT.




IDGAF what anyone says I love this ride. I love that obnoxious song and I love all the little dolls. However it was CHRISTMASED OUT. Like they sang a chorus of "It's a Small World" then a Christmas carol chorus. Next time we go back, it wont be around Christmas so I can see the real deal! Don't get me wrong though, I love that holiday magic. It was beautiful!




They had this little show that we happened to walk into (Something must be said for our luck and timing at Disney. We just so happened to walk into this show, a Christmas parade, and someone just happened to hand us a fast pass for Radiator Springs as we were walking up to it! The mouse must have been looking out for us.) in front of the castle, it was a cute little song about snow, and at the end it started "snowing" and they lit up the castle with snow:


This photo does not do it justice, but I mean, come ON. So pretty. I think it was at this point that panic set in, I realized I had to leave this place soon and I did not want to.



Waiting for the World of Color to start, which as I said before was a total waste of time! The fireworks show at Disneyland however, was not:


They turned all the street and Christmas lights off for the show and then they call came back on towards the end, except this time they were dusted with white lights, snow! And it started snowing on Main Street!!!





SO MANY EMOTIONS! I was dead tired, a little stressed because there were a gazillion people around me, beyond happy to be right where I was, but sad because we were leaving, happy because I had the loveliest day full of magic, but sad because I know I didn't see it all. But mostly, so so so happy. So happy to be at the happiest place on earth during my favorite time of year, with the sweetest boy in the world.


So, this is a thank you. Thank you Brendon Hogan for going on this adventure with me and putting up with my love for all things silly and magical and Disney. Thank you for hugging me and promising to take me back at the very moment when I felt I was going to fall apart from having to leave the happiest place on earth. And thank you for tracking down the shop that embroiders Mickey Mouse hats and getting them for us right before they closed. THANK YOU FOR LOVING ME EVEN THOUGH I AM A CHILD. You're my favorite ever and Disneyland with you was so so very perfect.

For real though, can't wait to go back. Two days+ next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment