Saturday, July 6, 2013

Fireworks on the Fourth


I didn't mean to creep on that canoodling couple, but they're kinda cute, no? I hope you all had a fabulous 4th of July. After a dinner that included corn on the cob (for America!), we snuck on downtown to watch the fireworks. After last year's parking garage fiasco, we decided to park a mile or so away and walk to avoid traffic. It worked out pretty well, although if we go again next year, we're just riding our bicycles downtown.


And the award for best dressed goes too... That lobster shirt is unbeatable. Also, ALWAYS ON THAT PHONE.



Clearly we need to work on our focusing skills. See what I did there?





The concert was nice and the fireworks seemed even more impressive than they were last year. Love me some fireworks! The weather was perfect. I don't want to jinx it or anything, but we've had such a wonderfully mild summer so far. I love it.


The amount of people heading home was insane. I think they said about 100,000 people attend annually. That's a lot of people! Folks as far as the eye can see, seriously.

Even though I had to work that morning our fourth of July was nice and relaxing. Although one year in my adult life, I'd like to actually have the day completely off. What's it like to be able to hang out all day and bar-b-q? ONE DAY. When I'm a real adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment