Friday, July 12, 2013

52 weeks of baking: 28 - peach galette

 

Peaches, peaches, peaches. Peach season in Texas, y'all. This week I had a few peaches hanging out in my kitchen that needed to be consumed, preferably after being baked surrounded by something buttery. I consulted Deb (I am banning myself from Smitten Kitchen for a few weeks, I need to branch out) and made this galette recipe, but used peaches instead of nectarines and blackberries. Oh and I accidentally picked up apricot preserves instead of peach, whoops. The jars and fruit look really similar, okay? Reading labels is overrated.








This little thing is gooood. Simple and sweet and the crust is perfect. Whipped cream on the side for me of course, but ice cream would probably be good too if you're into that.

This is a super simple recipe and concept that you could use with basically any fruit. You could even go savory and throw some veggies in there instead (I'd skip the sugar topping though). I think I may need to do that with my other half of dough. Easy dinner, I'm in.

The rest of the year here!

No comments:

Post a Comment