Tuesday, April 16, 2013

52 weeks of baking: 16 - banana chocolate chip cupcakes


In an attempt to get some ideas on things to bake, I reached out to the ol' Facebook. My friend Amanda suggested these banana chocolate chip cupcakes (with chocolate chips added) and this cream cheese icing. Bananas and chocolate are a pretty unbeatable combination. Kind of like orange and chocolate. Or raspberries and chocolate. ANYTHING and chocolate really.







These babies came out good! I kind of improvised on the recipe a bit. I was out of regular sugar (WHAT) so I subbed in some brown sugar. I threw the icing together by taste, I ended up using less cream cheese and more powdered sugar than the recipe called for. I also halved it because I only had 12 cupcakes to ice, and I'm glad I did because there was a ton left over. I can't imagine how much I'd have if I did the full thing!



If I made these again I think I would just skip the icing and top them with some more chocolate chips. I have come to the conclusion that I may be over cream cheese icing (I can hear you all gasping). I've used it A LOT lately, and I'm just kind of done with it. Don't get me wrong, it's delicious, but I'm just craving something a little sweeter and lighter to top my baked goodies. Like whipped creamish. Mmmm... whipped cream.


This husband of mine however, cannot get enough cream cheese icing. It's his favorite. He approves of these cupcakes.

Bored and in the mood for food? Check out my previous weeks of baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment