Thursday, December 22, 2011

Nutcrackin'

As an early Christmas gift, the extra sweet Mr. H surprised me with tickets to the Nutcracker Ballet! I married such a winner. We went last night and had a blast. We pregamed on South Congress with some delish burgers at Hopdoddy (if you are ever in Austin and in the mood for a good burger, this is the place to go), fries, and beer of course. I also made the mistake of going into a vintage clothing store and trying on the cutest (and unfortunately pretty pricey) little black dress EVER. It had a big satin bow on the collar, I was in love. But we couldn't justify dropping a bunch of money on a dress so I had to say farewell. That dress will be haunting my dreams. BUT I did get a very cute plaid vintage skirt for $5!

After wandering around South Congress we headed on out to see the Nutcracker and it was AWESOME! I love ballet and the orchestra was soundin' legit. It was very entertaining. Brendon had never seen the Nutcracker (or probably any ballet) before, I hope he enjoyed it as much as I did!

Does that pale ass hand belong to a dead person?
It's always fun to dress up and do something fancy! We love pretending we're super classy. I got a chance to wear my holiday dress again and Brendon got to sport his new pea coat. He looked like such a gentleman! He reminds me of Mr. Darcy when he dresses up. So dashing!

In other news, my body is tired. Yesterday I got up at 4:20am for work and went to bed around midnight, I think. That's like 20 hours of being awake and going pretty much nonstop. Phew! Getting up for work this morning was hard, but oh well, I'll sleep when I'm dead! There's just so much to do and so little time! 

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful gift from Brendon! That sounds like sooo much fun! Funny that you made a Jane Eyre reference... I was watching the movie last night, haha. Merry Christmas my dearest friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I finished Jane Eyre last night wondering where Mr. Darcy was... when as the credits started I realized I got my Janes mixed up and Mr. Darcy was actually in Jane AUSTEN's book P&P. Oops. I was wondering why Jane was so into Mr. Rochester...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I thought about that when I read your comment. I was like, maybe there's a Mr. Darcy in Jane Eyre too. I haven't seen/read that one yet. Is it good?

    ReplyDelete