Friday, December 16, 2011

Holiday movies!

It's that time! Time to talk about my favorite festive films to get you into the holiday spirit! This list isn't that long, these are just a few we've watched recently. But basically if it has anything remotely Christmas related, I'm probably game.


Elf. I am usually not a big Will Ferrell fan at all, but I love this movie. I refused to watch it for a reeeeally long time, and then I think Brendon forced me to watch it one year and I fell in love. I mean come on, when everyone in the city sings "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" and their Christmas spirit makes the sleigh fly? I tear up every time. "The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear!"


How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Some people are die hard about the cartoon and hate this version but whatev. I like it. I like Jim Carrey. And Whoville is freakin' adorable, can I move there please?


Edward Scissorhands. Okay I lied, we haven't watched this one too recently. We watched it over the summer, but I usually like to watch it around the holidays. Yeah it's a little creepy, but the ending takes place during the Christmas. Plus the soundtrack? Probably one of my favorite ever.


Harry Potter. Preferably all of them watched in sequence. They aren't technically holiday movies, but to me they have that holiday vibe (Hogwarts covered in snow? yes please). We just finished them up last night, and I bawled through the Deathly Hallows Part 2 just like I did the first time. And woke up with puffy ass eyes this morning. Thanks HP, I'm sure all my coffee patrons really enjoyed looking at my haggard face today. But seriously, HARRY POTTER FOR LIFE YOU GUYS. Always.

I feel like as gung-ho as I am about Christmas, I should have more movies to offer you guys, but that's it. I haven't seen as many as you'd think. For example, Brendon just bought me a Christmas Story and is going to make me watch it, because I have never seen it. Shocking, I know. I hear it's a classic.

Now go watch/read some Harry Potter and sip some hot cocoa. Your life will thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment