Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Back to reality and Mother's Day

We are back! We spent the weekend in Port Aransas with family enjoying a whole lot of this:


We came home Sunday night and Brendon and I ended our little vacation with dinner and a movie. We saw Dark Shadows. My review of it is; cute and entertaining, but the trailer gives everything away. It was alright. The Avengers was waaay better, go see it now. RDJ Y'ALL.

Since we've been back I've slept in too late, worked, done zero working out, and am suffering the breakout of the century due to putting sunscreen on my face all weekend. My skin sucks.

But before I overload your eyes with scenes from the beach, I want to recap our mother's day shindig!

My sister, her boo Alex, my mom's friend Ray, and I hung out with my wonderful momma all day on mothers day and took her to Clear Springs in New Braunfels. I had never been there before, but I had heard through the grapevine that they had some good catfish. Turns out they do! Best catfish I've had in a long time, maybe ever. Plus the place is just super cool. It's in a really old building covered in old signs and all kinds of random crap. We got to sit up on the second level and look out over everything. Bonus!


Pretty sweet right? And like I said, the food is legit. I can't believe I had never been there before. It's so dang good, I plan on returning!

Cute face Jules.

There are a lot of things I can't stand about New Braunfels, but they have some damn good food there. I could spend a week just eating around the town. And I heard there's a waterpark there too. Every few years we spend a day at Schlitterbahn (as a kid we had season passes every summer, I was schlittered-out), it's been a while, I'm thinking we're due for a trip!

And PS, GO SPURS GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment