Saturday, March 24, 2012

Twenty-four!

Happy birthday to me! This is what a 24 year old me looks like:


Just kidding, that's me at 23 years and 364 days. Close enough.

Twenty-four years ago today my parents brought me into this world! Poor folks, didn't know what they were getting themselves into. Kidding, I was only a hellion child for a few (long) teenaged years. For the most part I think I was and am a pretty good kid. Thanks for raising me so well mom and dad. I owe you my life. Literally.

24 seems still very young to me, but at the same time I feel like, "omg how can I be 24 already?? Where has the time gone?! Why do I have an abundance of grey hairs?!?". But age is just a number and some days I feel 18 and others I feel 50 (like how my body is falling apart, THANKS BODY). In some ways I think I'm pretty mature for my age. But then I do love the occasional fart joke, so sometimes I have the mentality of a 13 year old boy. What can you do.

I have had a wonderful 24 years on this earth and I am excited to see what this next year of life brings me. A friend of mine used to say that whatever day you're born on is your golden year. So this year would be it, bring me good things 24!! I'm not sure how legit that is though, because if that's the case there are a lot of folks out there that got screwed. For example someone born on the 2nd. I mean maybe their 2nd year of life was really great, but who remembers that?

So hurray for 24! Hurray for being in my mid-twenties? Can I say that? I mean technically the mid-twenty is 25, but since you usually say mid-twenties, I'm assuming they mean 24-26. Is that an accurate assumption? Eff it. I'm in my mid-twenties y'all, and I'm embracing it. Every year just keeps getting better so bring it on life, show me whatcha got! You can keep the gray hairs though. And also wrinkles.

No comments:

Post a Comment