Thursday, March 15, 2012

Feliz Cuplianos Madre!

Tuesday was my momma's birthday! The wonderful woman who created and raised me to be the girl I am today turned *bleep*. A lady never reveals her age, and I'm not going to do it for her, so lets just say she turned 21! Yay, 21st birthdays are great! We spent the day down in NB and celebrated that evening.

 I should have gotten a better shot of the card I made her, cats with party hats!
Brendon's gift, obviously.

We ate at a yummy place called Salsalito's in San Antonio. It was delicious and I felt like I was going to explode afterwards. SO good.

 The ladies! This picture is in black and white because Brendon has exposure problems when taking photos. We were blue before.


Of course we had to spill the beans and have them sing to her. It was awesome! They banged together silverware, she got ice cream, and they even showered her with straws, what more could you ask for?

After dinner we stopped and took pictures in some pretty blue bonnets like tourists. Because why not? They're so pretty! We had to hike through some seriously tall foliage (thank you rain!) but I think it was worth it.

 Good picture of me and mom, silly picture of Julie and Brendon. Actually, what is going on there Brendon? Is that blue steel?

We finished up the birthday night with a few rounds of uno (I didn't win once, no fair). It was a great day followed by a great evening. I love my family! I hope my momma had a good birthday, we love you mom. Thank you for being the best mom ever and being there for me 110% of the time, you are an amazing woman!

And this picture is mostly a joke, but it must be noted how pale my legs are:


I clearly haven't seen the sun in a decade. Also, check out that neon orange skirt! Found that baby at a thrift store here in Austin. It's pretty amazing (yes, it has pockets). It also came with a lovely 90's style jacket, complete with giant shoulder pads. Legitimate. Needless to say, I probably wont ever wear the upper portion, but the skirt is awesome.

We've been having great luck thrifting lately. We've had some awesome finds; clothes (Brendon got a sweet corduroy blazer for like 3 bucks), Pyrex (3 awesome bowls!), a bunch of dvd's for a dollar each, even an old ass Sound of Music record cover. Okay, half of the cover. No actual record, just the front half of the cover. It was 53 cents, I couldn't just leave it all alone at goodwill with a gazillion Christmas and aerobics records.

And do you remember ages ago when I found a little black dress at a vintage store but it was too pricy so I passed it up? You don't, but that's okay. WELL, this past weekend while Kristy was here we popped into that store and I told myself if it was still there I would get it since I have been thinking about ever since I saw it. It was there! And I got it! And it is as perfect as I remember. Although I may have to shorten it just a little to modernize it a bit. I am in love. It is the best dress ever. Just wait until you see it!

1 comment: