Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patty's Day from the Hogan's!

How do you celebrate St. Patrick's Day? Are you an Irish man or woman? Or just a fan of beer and the color green?

Brendon is Irish and very proud. I'm pretty sure I have zero Irish blood, but I have an Irish last name now thanks to Mr. H! That counts right? We have no big plans, I think wearing green is the extent of our celebrating today. Brendon has lots of studying to do, but maybe we'll throw some green food coloring into a beer later and drink it merrily while doing a jig. Or I'll just show you this ridiculously old picture of Brendon and I, featuring the color green and even a clover:

Throw back much? This picture has been floating around my desk for a while (years), and since Brendon is sporting some Irish-ish gear I figured what the heck, why not share it with the internet? This was way back in 2006, I think early spring. We were 17 and had only been dating for a few months. Cute. I had short red hair and Brendon had blonde highlights (???) in his very shaggy "do". Obviously these were some fashionable times for the both of us. I'm pretty sure I didn't know what make up was. I'm happy to say our sense of style has evolved a bit.

I imagine that things in the city tonight will be crazy. Not only is it St. Patty's day but we are also amidst SXSW. Although it is not as nuts as I had imagined, I am ready for it to be over and for everyone to go home so my commute to work doesn't suck so badly. Going anywhere these past few days has been a giant pain.

I hope that this Patty's Day treats you well and you avoid being pinched if you forgot to wear green. And that you receive some of that "luck of the Irish". We seem to have zilch of that, but I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a pot of gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment