Sunday, September 16, 2012

A post without pictures

I figured I ought to post a little bit about what's actually happening in my life, versus what I'm eating.

Fall is arriving! This weekend has been full of rain and cool weather and I've loved every minute. Unfortunately the cool weather brought a little something extra with it, Brendon caught a cold or something this week. That's not been fun. I'm crossing my fingers in hope that my immune system keeps me safe! I absolutely do not have time to be sick! And even though he's under the weather, school is in full swing again, stealing my husband away. I had my first night of falling asleep alone last week, and it was real lame. But, even if fall brings pharmacy school, it's still my favorite time of the year. This cooler weather has me all kinds of excited. I can't wait for the next few months and all the fun they bring! October, November, and December, how I love you!

First up is Halloween! Any ideas on what you're going to be? Brendon and I have our respective costumes settled and I've got to admit, they're pretty good. His is probably better than mine. They are a secret of course, but no hints like last year. You will all just have to wait and be surprised. Can't promise my costume will beat my crazy Marie Antoinette get up, but I'm still excited.

Fall is sewing season and I've got all kinds of projects lined up. I just finished Brendon's Halloween costume and I made a little blue dress for myself just for fun (I'm sure you'll see it here soon). Next, I've got my Halloween costume to make, plus a new dirndl for me and lederhosen for Brendon in time for Wurstfest. Oh and we need to learn to waltz so we can dance to polka music (Mom, teach us!). I'm nervous about Brendon's lederhosen, I'm venturing into uncharted territory with these and there will be a lot of improvising. Wish me luck. And Austinites, come to Wurstfest with us! I hear they have beer there.

So that's about it for recent and upcoming events. Mostly I just make a lot of coffee and Brendon is a smarty pants at school. Story of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment