Sunday, September 30, 2012

Bad days


Friday was a bad day y'all. Real crappy. I am still dealing with the crappy-ness, it leaked into the weekend. I keep dwelling on the bad and getting down. And that is not how I roll. I'm a pretty positive person generally, you know, sunshine and rainbows. But dang, Friday... you threw me for a loop. You've gotten under my skin and I need to shake you.

I am a lucky lady and I feel so selfish when I throw pity parties for myself. Honestly, I need to build a bridge and get over Friday. Shit happens. And sometimes it really sucks. But you live and you learn and you know better next time. Life is too good to dwell on those little bad moments. Because that's all they are. Bad moments. There's nothing you can do to change them, so why focus on them? You learn what you can and move on. And you focus on the good, because there is so much of it. Like this wonderful weather. And sweaters. And braids in your hair. And a husband who loves you. And cats that are fat. And cuddles. And laughing. And loving. And home.

And, of course, raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens. Because no matter what life throws at you, there's always a song from the Sound of Music to make it better. If you're me anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment