Friday, July 27, 2012

Coffee life version 2.0

I am alive. I know you all thought I was dead (at least via the internet), but alas! I have just been living at work. I don't blog about work often for a couple reasons: putting your work biz on the internet is usually not professional, and it would probably be boring for you all to read about. BUT, since I have done pretty much nothing but work for the past couple weeks, allow me to shed a little light into my work life (work friends who read this blog, I apologize. I know you know what's up).

If you are new to this little blog (or just clueless about what I've been up to for the past year) I work at a coffee shop and I love my job. Seriously. I wont go into the details, but it's a blast and everyone I work with seems to suffer from awesomeness.

I started out with the company a little over a year ago as a barista right after we moved from Austin. I kind of went out on a limb taking the job and took a pretty significant pay cut from waiting tables, easily by half. BUT, I had a good feeling about it and it ended up being a great decision. In December I was promoted to a supervisor position and about a month ago I was promoted to assistant general manager opening a new store with a seriously great general manager (Roger, don't let that go to your head). From basically minimum wage to salary in a year? I'll take it, I worked my butt off!

Anyway, we officially opened the new store today! We are the 8th store in Texas and this is the second store I've helped open. I was originally hired to open the 6th store, so it has been so awesome to be able to open another store, this time as management. Opening a store is a lot of fun, but it is also a lot, I mean A LOT, of work. I have never worked so hard in my life. Ever. I can't remember my last day off. I am far and beyond exhausted, my feet (and body) are killing me, but it has all been a blast and so worth it.

So that's what I've been doing. And here are a few pictures of it all via my phone because who has time for a real camera these days? Not me.

The best part of opening a new store? Writing on everything. And labeling everything. And putting everything where you want it... okay there are a lot of good things.

I don't know what you know about espresso machines, but that bad boy is a beauty.

We have a chalk board wall. How cool is that? Of course I jumped all over that nonsense.

In case you're ever wondering what I look like 75% of my life.

Beautiful flowers my dad and step momma sent!

Last night we had a preview event and gave away a gazillion free drinks. It was so busy! But so fun! My mom and sister came all the way up to watch me run around like crazy, those sweeties. And I got to see all my homies (yes, homies) from other stores, you are all the best for coming and supporting us! 

Putting a store together is seriously rewarding, seeing it go from an empty shell to a fully stocked and functioning shop is surreal. And I am so fortunate to work for and with such fantastic (and FUN) people!

And for those in the know:


The biggest RAD order I've ever seen (although I've heard rumor of bigger). And... there was no invoice.

2 comments:

  1. that espresso machine IS a beaut'! did you Instagram that shiz or is it for real that color?
    lezzz haaang.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's instagramed but it really is that color. It's all chromed out. And it has like back lighting. It's amazing. And yes we need to hang ASAP. I need some Tyler in my life!

      Delete