Thursday, December 19, 2013

Mathilde Blouse


I made this top about a month ago, but am just now getting to blog it because life you guys. Life. This is the Mathilde Blouse Pattern from the cutest little sewing blog Tilly and the Buttons. I don't often make tops, it's usually all dresses up in here, so it was fun to make something without a skirt attached and it's a welcomed addition to my wardrobe! I used a blue cotton sateen which is incredibly soft and just lovely to sew. I need more things made of this.



This blouse was truly a joy to sew. It came together beautifully and there are so many fun details! Pleating! Bell sleeves! And that row of buttons in the back? The best! The pattern comes with very simple instructions for the experienced sewer, and more detailed step by step illustrated instructions online on the blog. I used about half simple and half detailed. And I learned all about french seams! They are beautiful and easy and I am sad my sewing life has been void of them previously. Learning new techniques makes me happy.


I plan on making this pattern again, with multiple fabric action! Sleeves one color, bodice another? Yoke and arm bands in a contrasting color or fabric? Endless options, y'all. I think it might be cute with a little cap sleeve as well! Although I do dig those bell sleeves, a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment