Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Thank you October

A post with no pictures. I'm sorry. I just need to say that I am GLAD that October is here. I disliked September a little bit. If you haven't heard me moan about it already, I'd been running two stores instead of one for the past few weeks. Two stores that were very far apart. This was a good thing, because in the end I moved to a store much MUCH closer to home, but before I could just be at my new store I had to do both for a bit. Not the end of the world, but not easy. I had three days off in September. I worked a lot. And a fact of life was reinforced. No one cares. No one cares that you've got a gazillion and one things going on. No one cares that you're tired and frazzled and your body hurts a little. They have other things to worry about. Life doesn't care. Life doesn't stop because you're busy or tired. Life goes on as normal. And that is okay. Life is tough and everyone their own problems to deal with. It gave just me a little perspective. And perspective is always good.

I worked hard and I made it and I am glad. I'm glad for the opportunity and so glad to be working closer to home. I was very ready for October. Today was a day off and it was wonderful, although odd. When I work a lot, I tend to start feeling guilty for having days off. I get addicted to work and I feel like I'm doing something wrong by not being there. I'm insane, I know. You NEED time off. I know this now more than ever.

So there's that. That is why there was basically only required baking posts all month. I look forward to branching out again. Thank you for arriving October. You are my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment