Thursday, October 17, 2013

52 weeks of baking: 42 - pumpkin coffee cake

 

Sick of pumpkin yet? We aren't! This pumpkin themed month is a lot of fun. There are just so many options! What I've learned so far is that pumpkin is an excellent replacement for eggs. So if you substitute a milk and butter alternative in many pumpkin recipes, you've got yourself a vegan baked goodie! This week we venture into the land of coffee cake. I went ahead and used another of Sally's Baking Addiction recipes and yet again I was not let down.


Out of all my Pyrex, the mixing bowls get used the most. It's a good thing I have a gazillion of them in a gazillion sizes because we use them for EVERYTHING. Like my dishwasher always has at least three in it and there's usually some more in the sink. They are so tough. And pretty. I love them! End of Pyrex gushing.




Don't hate on my drizzle game. It's harder than it looks. Maybe using something other than a dinner spoon would help, but whatever, I was in a rush to eat this cake! And yes, this cake is good. Oh my gosh is it good. The crumble on top gives it the perfect crunch and I love me some dark brown sugar, especially when mixed with butter and cinnamon. The cake is so moist and fluffy and delicious. And the simple icing is the... icing on the cake. I couldn't help myself there, I'm sorry. But really, the icing is the perfect addition of sweetness and texture, even if it looks like a terrible Jackson Pollock knockoff. This recipe is a keeper. We'll be making it again. I have a feeling this wont last long at our house this week.


Only TEN more weeks in the year you guys! How insane is that??

No comments:

Post a Comment