Friday, September 20, 2013

52 weeks of baking: 38 - lemon cupcakes


I wanted to send summer off properly with a summery baked goodie as the official first day of fall is Sunday(!).  And what's more summery than lemon? And cupcakes? And thus, lemon cupcakes were born in my kitchen. And you guys. These are the best cupcakes I've ever made. I used this recipe from Sally's Baking Addiction. The last time I used a recipe from that site was for oatmeal cream pie cookies, which were the best cookies I think I've ever made. So it must be noted that homegirl is legit.







These cupcakes though. So good. The cake is buttery, lemony, and the sweet whipped icing compliments it perfectly. Brendon and I usually share these with coworkers/classmates, but this time, we decided to keep them all. No sharing these babies.

Ironically, as the first day of fall approaches, it's starting to feel like fall! Our first "cold" front is rolling in as I type. The high is only like 89 this next week. WOOHOO. I know I'm ready. I've got new wool skirts and sweaters, begging to be worn. And get ready for cinnamon and pumpkin y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment