Monday, January 5, 2015

Farewell 2014

Literally, just recycling this blog post title. Every year.

2014 was a good year. I don't want my last post to mislead you. This was a wonderful year. Best year ever probably. I mean, seriously, every year gets better than the one before. Except maybe the second half of 2011... that was a rough one. But 2014, even though I was ready for you to be over, I loved you. A lot. We had a LOT of fun. I mean, yeah we also both worked our asses off... but work hard, play hard, y'all.

Every year I say, "this was the year of...", and this was the year of playing outside. Seriously. My new years resolution was to run more, and oh man, did I. We bought a state parks pass and hopped around local state parks. Visited the Gulf of Mexico and the Pacific Ocean. Disneyland happened. And we visited the mountains THREE TIMES, beginning and ending with skiing in Taos and camping in Colorado in the summer. We spent a lot of time frolicking in the outdoors. Plus lots of other wonderful, lovely, amazing things (I dyed my hair purple! Full calendar year as vegetarians! Sewing all kinds of things!). With people who also embody those adjectives.



























You were a winner, 2014. We filled you up with a ton of goodness. We did a boatload of stuff. Had hella adventures. Said YOLO a bunch. LIVED a lot. Seriously, SUCH a good year. Very excited to see what kind of shenanigans we can fill 2015 with.

If you'd like a blast from my past, here's Farewell to 2013, 2012, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment