Monday, June 11, 2012

Meet the new kicks

I got myself into a pickle with my old shoes fell apart on me this weekend. BAM no shoes to run in, work out in, do anything active in. I panicked a little.

I went to Luke's Locker (thank you so much Kristy and Roxanne for all your running shoe knowledge!!) and a nice gentlemen there helped me on my quest for a new pair of shoes. He watched my feet while I walked around and had me run through the store (embarrassing). We settled on a pair of Saucony's, although I did have my heart set on getting some Brooks running shoes at first, since we share a name and all.

 
After I decided on getting these babies the guy who was helping me said, "I'm sorry but this is the only color these come in, is that okay?" I laughed. Boy please, gimme them pink shoes!

They're lightweight and super comfy and fancy as all get out. A world of change from my ancient Nike's. And they were pricy. Running shoes are not cheap, but I'm hoping they will be worth it. I actually looked online everywhere after I bought them trying to find a better deal, but no such luck. I guess it was meant to be.


So meet my new kicks y'all. I've named them, because I'm weird like that. The left is Molly Weasley and the right is Minerva McGonagall (yes, I went there). They'll help me run farther, I just know it. Together we'll do great things.

In other shoe related nonsense, since losing my old funky shoes and gaining this new fancy pair, I no longer have shoes I can just muck around in. Brendon and I joined a softball team for the summer, and I'm a little wary of taking these babies into that red dirt. Also I do not plan on taking Molly and Minerva on any obstacle courses full of mud. So I am also on the look out for a cheap, but decent, pair of tough shoes. Maybe some trail running shoes. We'll see. A girl can never have too many pairs of shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment